Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dear Gear Diary,

Just a quick note to let you know that the HP Magic has arrived at my door!

Judie Lipsett from Gear Diary wasted no time shipping the HP Magic packages across the country. The incredible shipment arrived today. My husband signed for the shipment.

I couldn't wait for the end of my work day. I took a couple hours vacation. After rushing home, I found myself awe-struck seeing the boxes really there in front of me. Soon, however, curiosity got the better of me and I started investigating.


Because the temperature is in the 20's (Fahrenheit, Celsius would be -0) and the boxes had been in the delivery truck most of the day and were still quite cold, I only took the laptops out of the box to look at them.

How could I resist?

The packaging is very well done. I really like the "start here" sheet available when opening the boxes. After pointing out the features of the laptops to my husband, I sent him off to work.

Of course I couldn't stop there. Determining that the box had been in the house for a couple of hours, I just had to take a look at the HP TouchSmart.


The HP TouchSmart is, as would be expected, a bit heavy. However, again, the instructions are very clear on the proper handling and setup. In fact, setup was really quite simple.

I haven't opened everything as I want to maintain sealed packages for the donation.

Whatever the final destination of the other parts of the HP Magic package, the HP TouchSmart has certainly found a new home -- although its final positioning has yet to be determined.

There are still a lot of things I have to do to prepare for Christmas, notwithstanding the excitement of the short trip home by our daughter and her family. However, I expect that I will manage to make some time here and there to examine the packages a bit more closely while everything is spread out on my dining room table.





Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Corrine. Congrats!

What a merry Christmas for you, and whoever gets your donations.

Yippee!

Brian (AKA The Dean)

certifiedbug said...

Wow, geek Christmas. ;-) Congrats again Corrine!

Ssherjj said...

Belated Congrats! Happy to hear a new drive is going in. Your HP is almost 10 years old now. Nice!