Thursday, September 28, 2006

LangaList Subscribers Have Arrived!

Having "Loaded the Code" for the Security Garden, allow me to take this opportunity to welcome LangaList subscribers.

As a bit of background, beyond "About Me", after being awarded Microsoft MVP in Windows Security, I decided that I wanted to do more for the "public community" than provide help in the forums. I considered several options. The main thing that held me back is that I couldn't see the fun or benefit in repeating what everyone else has already done. I go to a lot of security sites/blogs for research. After a while, they all look and sound alike. Rather, I wanted to add my own spin on what I report.

Then I saw a friend who retired a few years ago. She asked me about my garden. That night while outside walking around the yard with the dogs, it occurred to me that many people *recognize* me by my rose avatar. Then I recalled my friend's inquiry about my garden. The next thing I knew, I had a name and theme. My goal for this blog is to not only provide information on the latest vulnerabilities and security updates, but also security information, news and helpful tips that is not completely filled with technical jargon.

Now that you know a little more about me, take a walk down the Security Garden path. There is a bench waiting. Have a seat and take a look around.

My lunch break is over, so I have to get back to work. While I do that, after you finish here, there is another blog site you may want to check out -- the Langa Blog, the "
Official blog of the LangaList e-newsletter."



No comments: